The Sr. SQL Programmer / Analyst will work in an integrated cloud based environment. An employee in this classification performs a full range of database design, scripting and analytical functions requiring a technical computer background. Responsibilities include analysis, scripting, testing and debugging applications and programs, modifying existing programs, writing and maintaining technical design documentation related to database.
Sr. SQL Programmer/Analyst will independently analyze user specifications and requirements, design, script, test, debug, and document programs on large-scale, complex projects, revise and update programs and documentation as required, exercise independent judgment to solve challenges inherent in application development, and act as a resource for other programmer/analysts when questions arise concerning Company products.
• Review and understand requirements and specifications.
• Design and develop database applications, software solutions that conform to technical specification and/or functional requirements.
• Test, debug and add enhancements to existing applications.
• Create technical documentation on new design and enhancements including ERD’s and workflows.
• Work with Source/revision control system and Issue tracking system.
• Analyze and help resolve software related issues from customer support team and recommend solutions
Worldwide company specialized in providing global business insights and marketing services to the pharmaceutical industries is looking for staff in Montevideo office. We are a company with more than 25 years of experience where we always look for new challenges and people that join our team. Fluent English is required.
This list is representative, but not exhaustive and should be considered a guide to successful execution:
• Uses SQL scripting language to code database applications and programs. Utilizes any special techniques necessary to achieve the most effective and efficient execution.
• Tests and debugs database and programs.
• Modifies existing database and programs to conform to system changes or to make improvements in the existing database and programs.
• Works on application projects to enhance current database systems and improve functionality.
• Works with user departments to resolve specific problems or make changes in database programs, computer applications, capabilities, alternative programming approaches, limitations, etc.
• Trains personnel in user departments in any specific procedures necessary to enter data into terminals for computer processing.
• Writes and maintains technical documentation to describe database program development, logic, coding, testing, changes, and corrections.
• Maintains relationships with other departments and agencies.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Enthusiasm, initiative, creativity, leadership, teamwork and confidentiality are important attributes for this individual. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• A minimum of 5 years of professional software development experience.
• Experience in a LAMP environment.
• Excellent knowledge of MYSQL
• Knowledge of API’s, XML and CSS and programming
• Strong database skills and good understanding of software development cycle.
• Solid understanding of Object Oriented Programming and Object Oriented Analysis & Design.
• A good understanding of relational database design and writing optimized SQL queries, triggers and stored procedures.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong organizational, time management and follow-up skills.
• Ability to identify, prioritize and execute tasks to meet project deadline.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Ability to understand complex details of computer program design.
• Demonstrates a good understanding of quality processes and the ability to produce high quality solutions
• Commercial software experience
• Full software lifecycle development experience
• Strong customer service skills in working with users.
Education and/or Experience
Minimum 5 years of experience in the field and/or degree/certification in Information Technology field at a technical school.
Other Skills and Abilities
Systems analysis skills and experience with SQL databases are required; database administration and business data processing applications would be favorable. Experience in Tableau, Limesurvey, WordPress or Plesk are a plus. Professionalism, accuracy and timeliness are very important to this position, as well as being able to prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
Universitario en tecnologías de información
Experiencia de 5 años a más en el área de Tecnologías de la información.
Manejo de programas:Sql
Manejo de programas:Excel
Manejo de programas:Php
Manejo de programas:Html